In his book Marks of the Messenger, Mack Stiles provides 16 ways in which we can show love and unity in our churches and so become healthier evangelists.
1. Attend a church that takes the gospel seriously (Hebrews 10:25).
2. Become an actual member of a church.
3. Read C. J. Mahaney’s book Humility once a year.
4. Turn down jobs that might take you away from church even if they pay more.
5. Arrange family vacations around your church’s schedule.
6. If your church doesn’t have a church covenant, think about developing one that expresses your love for each other.
7. Move to a house closer to the church and use your house as a place of hospitality (Romans 12:13).
8. Practice church discipline.
9. Respect, even revere, the authority in the church (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).
10. Turn heads—really practice the biblical teachings of giving and receiving forgiveness.
11. Take care of people who are in need physically in your congregation (Romans 12:13).
12. Pray for each other (Ephesians 6:18).
13. Sympathize with other believers (Romans 12:15).
14. Focus on caring for one another spiritually by discipling one another (Galatians 6:1-2).
15. Share your faith together (Philippians 1:27).
16. Read Mark Dever’s 9 Marks of a Healthy Church.